Alongside my own short- and longform writing projects, I provide bespoke editorial services to a small cadre of technical practitioners. “Technical practitioners” are individuals and organisations that possess high competence in specific domains, as well as a strong bias for action. Thus, they have little time to navigate the labyrinth that is the craft of writing. This is where the “bespoke editorial services” I provide come in. They are as follows:
– Consulting – An ongoing dialogue that, first, considers the suitability of writing as a medium, and second, explores the effectiveness and execution of different forms.
– Translation – An alchemical process that takes in-depth interviews and turns them into prose.
– Sparring – Discussion and breakdown of early concepts, outlines and drafts. A.K.A. “macro-editing”.
– Tune Ups – A systematic, rigorous, line-by-line analysis of late-stage drafts. A.K.A. “micro-editing”.
– Writing – An end-to-end service. From research and ideation all the way to published prose.
The precise cocktail of service and support is unique to each individual or organisation, but common to each arrangement is the agile and intimate service I provide.
If you have any questions, would like more information, or want to arrange an informal discussion regarding any of the above please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.